PONT DE MONTVERT CHURCH - PONT DE MONTVERT - SUD MONT LOZERE
Church and Priory
PONT DE MONTVERT CHURCH
48220 PONT DE MONTVERT - SUD MONT LOZERE
This church was donated in 1187 by Bishop Aldebert III to the Knights of St. John of Jerusalem. It was replaced in the 17th century by a larger church. Disused at the time of the Concordat, sold in 1826 and turned into a barn and cot, it now lets the sky see through its collapsed vault. The façade is almost intact, but leans dangerously outwards. What a pity to see a building that was the only note of medieval architecture in the region die.
Natural regions : Mont Lozere
Territories : National Park of the CevennesPerimeter UNESCO Causses and Cevennes
|Information||Min. Rate||Max. Rate||Complement|