ETANG DE BARRANDON - SAINT-ETIENNE-DU-VALDONNEZ
ETANG DE BARRANDON
“La nasso del Gral”, “Trabès de nassetto” and “Trabès dé Sagno morto” are all old names cited on the land register to describe the peat lands. During the French Revolution these lands became the property of La Fage and its locals.
Legend has it that it was once owned by lords and started life as a “peschio” or fish pond. In the 13th century there was a fight between the lords and wine producers who held the popular belief that the lakes of Mont Lozère brought storms and hail to their harvests…In 1882 Doctor Barrandon bought the land.