EGLISE PAROISSIALE DE SAINT-HILAIRE-DE-LAVIT - SAINT-HILAIRE-DE-LAVIT
Church and Priory
EGLISE PAROISSIALE DE SAINT-HILAIRE-DE-LAVIT
After the transformation, in 1796, of the old Romanesque church of Saint-Hilaire-de-Lavit into a Protestant temple, the Catholics of the parish had the church built in the 19th century, in the hamlet of Elze.
Consecrated in 1854 and built entirely of schist (with the exception of the corner chains and the arches of the bays), it blends very well with the surrounding landscape and buildings. The presbytery extends the nave.
The neo-Gothic style building is composed of a single nave ending in a semi-circular apse. Two side chapels form a transept in the last bay.
The interior is plastered with a light-coloured paint that makes the whole thing bright. In the chapels, the two restored painted wooden altars are topped by a triangular pediment supported by crenellated columns. A Way of the Cross is illustrated with engravings representing the Passion of Christ and a painting of the Sacred Heart is placed behind the polychrome high altar, also restored.
|Information||Min. Rate||Max. Rate||Complement|