ANCIENNE EGLISE DE SAINT-FLOUR DU POMPIDOU - LE POMPIDOU

Church and Priory

ANCIENNE EGLISE DE SAINT-FLOUR DU POMPIDOU

D9

-

48110 LE POMPIDOU

ANCIENNE EGLISE DE SAINT-FLOUR DU POMPIDOU
44.1953433 3.65410798

Jewel of stone in a green setting, far from the world and noise, it is a magical and welcoming place, a haven of meditation and peace. It is open to all, believers of all faiths and unbelievers who come in large numbers and appreciate the harmony and extraordinary acoustics. Romanesque church whose walls and floor are limestone and roof slate shale, it houses, in addition to its nave, three side chapels built or furnished several centuries later and Gothic style. Used for the exercise of Catholic worship until the middle of the 18th century and decommissioned, it became a shelter for fodder and agricultural tools until 1956, the year of its inscription in the Supplementary Inventory of Historical Monuments. It was acquired in 1960 by the Department of Lozere has ensured the restoration with the financial assistance of the Cevennes National Park, the Languedoc Roussillon Region and the State.

Reception

Opening period :

From01012020to31122020

Natural regions : Cevennes

Territories : National Park of the CevennesPerimeter UNESCO Causses and Cevennes

Groups welcomed : oui

Reservation

Labels & Brands

  • Classé aux monuments historiques

Civilian building style :

  • Gothic
  • Romanesque
Information Min. Rate Max. Rate Complement

Information updated on 29/04/20 / Report an error on this offer !