NOTRE-DAME-DE-VAL-FRANCESQUE CHURCH - MOISSAC-VALLEE-FRANCAISE
In the commune of Moissac, the oldest church in Gévaudan has survived: N.D. de Valfranesque. Its consecration dates back to 1063. But already, around 935, Pope John VI gave this church "of victory" to the bishop of Nîmes.
Built in granite, this respectable Romanesque building, 23m by 6m, has an original façade, hollowed out over almost its entire surface by a large relieving arch; a gable or gable, very splayed, surmounts this arch; and the modern bell tower-wall, with one bay, still spreads out above, in a third plane, the slopes of its walls, like spread wings. Inside, the vaults of the nave, the choir and the apse are all barrel vaults. The apse is semi-circular.
|Information||Min. Rate||Max. Rate||Complement|